11 views

Obour Assures He Will Come Back Bigger After Primaries Loss


Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

Obour Assures He Will Come Back Bigger After Primaries Loss

Immediate past president of the Musicians Union of Ghana, Bice ‘Obour’ Osei Kuffour says he will return in grand style after losing out in the NPP parliamentary primary at Asante Akyem South on Saturday, June 20.

Obour was bidding to represent the people of the Asante Akyem South constituency in the Ashanti Region in Parliament but unfortunately, he failed to unseat incumbent MP, Kwaku Asante Boateng.

Mr Kwaku Asante Boateng got 360 votes while Obour received 296. The other contenders; Edmond Oppong Peprah, William Yamoah, and Eric Amofa polled nine, 32, and eight respectively.

In a press statement released on Sunday, June 21, Obour expressed appreciation to his campaign team for their unrelenting efforts in helping him achieve his ambitions.



 

NPP Primaries: Suhum Constituency – Kwadwo Asante defeats Opare Ansah

 

He also congratulated Mr Asante Boateng on his victory and assured him of his support.

“Although I didn’t win, I sincerely believe the contest has really energised the base of our great party the New Patriotic Party in Asante Akyem South and lubricated its machinery for the bigger battle with our known opponents the National Democratic Congress for election 2020,” the statement said.

He also expressed his appreciation to the people in the Asante Akyem constituency for their support even after he lost.

Obour signalled that his political ambitions were far from over saying he would be back in grand style.

Obour revealed his intentions to run for Parliament last year and had taken steps towards that by initiating a number of development projects in the Asante Akyem constituency.

His bid was not without controversy as a number of musicians including D Black and Criss Waddle asked delegates not to vote for him because he was inefficient and corrupt while NPP executives in the constituency were divided.

Obour’s campaign was also affected by the controversy that surrounded the death of his father from COVID-19 and the back and forth with the Ridge Hospital. The funeral also got tongues wagging with people claiming Obour did not observe social distancing protocols.

Read the full statement below:

Disclaimer
Hbtvghana.com is not responsible for the reportage or opinions of contributors published on the website. Read our disclaimer.
Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 27 661 0660.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *