The Volta Regional Co-ordinating Council has announced the closure of the Tsito and Anyirawase section of the Accra-Ho Highway.
The closure is the result of structural issues on a culvert between the townships of Tsito and Anyirawase, according to a statement from the Council.
“The state of the culvert poses a danger to motorists and has become necessary to close the section of the road to safeguard lives and properties,” portions of the statement dated September 18 indicated.
The Council assured that work on the damaged culvert would be completed in one calendar month.
Meanwhile, given the inaccessibility of the Tsito-Anyirawase section of the Accra-Ho highway the Ghana Highway Authority has arranged an alternative route as follows:
From Asikuma Junction to Ho:
At Dededo, take a right turn;
- 10km Gravel Road (Feeder Road)
- Horizontal clearance (3 50m due to narrow steel bridge)
Then meet Juapong-Abutia-Sokode Road:
- 12 5km Gravel Road (Highway)
- 13 1km Bituminous Road (Highway)
Then meet the Sokode Roundabout.
The notice added that the Ghana Police Service will be available to assist motorists plying the route with directions.
They, however, urged “to take note of the development and use the alternative route provided.”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- President Commissions 36.5 Million Dollars Hospital In The Tain District
- You Will Not Go Free For Killing An Hard Working MP – Akufo-Addo To MP’s Killer
- I Will Lead You To Victory – Ato Forson Assures NDC Supporters