The president of the Republic His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has directed Ghana Education Service to recall students who were dismissed.
According to a source at the Presidency, the President despite the gravity of the offense by the students does not want their education to be curtailed.
The source revealed that the President wants the GES to find an alternative punishment for the students instead of excluding them from the ongoing West African Certificate Examination(WASSCE).
The source added that Its the President’s vision to ensure that every Ghanaian child possesses the Senior High School certificate hence the order for clemency.
However, GES has been duly informed by the president’s request and steps being in that regard.
Below are the affected students
- Nicholas Cobbinah` – Sekondi College
- Kardimell Suapim- Sekondi College
- John Kwofie- Sekondi College
- Simon Ameyibor (Senior Prefect) – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Thomas Anokye – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Juliet Amoakowaa – Tweneboah Koduah SHS
- Emmanuel Ashiangmor – Battor SHS
- Peter Sissi – Battor SHS
- Ameka Nyamiitse – Battor SHS
- Shadrack Daitey – Battor SHS
- Alfred Attiso – Battor SHS
- Solomon Brako – Juaben SHS
- Albert Agyekum – Juaben SHS
- Robert Inkoom – Juaben SHS