[HOT AUDIO]: NPP Executive threatens to Kill NDC Polling Station Agent Like Issah Mobila

Views: 87
Read Time:2 Minute, 52 Second

A top executive of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Northern Region has threatened to kill a National Democratic Congress (NDC) polling station agent the way Issah Mobila, a former Northern Regional Chairman of the Convention People’s Party (CPP) was murdered.

In a chilling on-record telephone banter, the NPP youth organizer in the Tolon constituency, Yakubu Abdul Latif, issued the murder threat to Iddrisu Abass.

“I said we will kill you anytime you come to Tolon. We will kill you in the manner they murdered Issah Mobila if you don’t take your time”. He threatened

Reports said the dispute between the two local politicians was over the going voters’ registration exercise in which the NDC polling station agent was accused of preventing some alleged strangers from registering in the constituency.

Read Also: WAEC releases new timetable for 2020 BECE

The NPP youth organizer had earlier issued the threat after he had heard the NDC agent had prevented some Gonjas brought from Daboya to register in Nyankpala in the Tolon constituency.

The NDC agent who later heard the threat decided to confront the NPP organizer on phone.

The NPP organizer, however, confirmed the threat and went ahead to remind the NDC agent that ” the NPP was in power and not the NDC”.

[HOT AUDIO]: NPP Executive threatens to Kill NDC Polling Station Agent Like Issah Mobila
[HOT AUDIO]: NPP Executive threatens to Kill NDC Polling Station Agent Like Issah Mobila
How Issah Mobila Died

The late Issah Mobila was brutalized to death in 2004 by three junior military officers in the Kamina Barracks in Tamale.

It said on December 9, 2004, the deceased – then the Northern Regional Chairman of the Convention People’s Party -was arrested by the Police for allegedly supplying the youth in Tamale with guns to foment trouble. While in custody, the Police allegedly received information that his sympathizers were mobilizing to free him.

He was therefore transferred from Police cells to the Kamina Military Barracks and handed over to the three accused persons who searched, undressed, and put him in the guard room.

At about 9 pm the same day, the Police received information that Alhaji Mobilla aka Issah Mohammed had collapsed and died in cells.

A pathologist later revealed he died as a result of a breakdown of his lungs.

It was further determined that the damaged lungs of the deceased resulted from lacerations and abrasions he suffered, which caused his ribs to fracture and thereby compromise his respiration.

The officers; Corporal Appiah Yaw, Private Modzaka Eric, and Private Seth Gokah faced two counts of conspiracy and murder of Issah Mobila. One of them, Private Seth Gokah was tried in absentia.

The military and police administrations at the time tried to cover up the murder and also attempted to save the suspects from facing justice.

The police dismissed two prosecution witnesses and demoted another for giving “incriminating” evidence in court.

The case dragged until 2013 when the NDC administration came to power. The officers were found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment each.

Just like the murder of the late Yaa Naa Yakubu Andani II, the murder of Issah Mobila which happened under the same NPP administration was described as politically motivated.

Current President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo was the Attorney General at the time of these incidents.

Listen To Audio Below:


Source: MyNewsGh

Share and Enjoy !