The Coalition of Concern Youth Associations of the Northern Region has expressed shock over the dismissal of the Chief Executive officer of the Northern Development Authority (NDA), Dr. Sulemana Alhassan Anamzoya.
According to them, the appointment of Dr. Anamzoya in 2019 has brought a lot of reforms to the authority, and he has been able to initiate several developmental projects in the regions including schools buildings and poverty eradication programs.
Chairman of the group, Mr. Abdul Basit Adam told Journalists in an interview after issuing a press statement that, the association is surprised to hear about the dismissal of the CEO.
He said Dr. Anamzoya’s dismissal was masterminded by the current acting CEO, Dr. Boniface Gambila, his Deputies, and the authority board members because of their unlawful demands.
Mr. Abdul Basit noted that the board members and the acting CEO have diverted tricycles and other items of the authority to their private businesses, this according to him and many others triggered the firing of the former CEO, because he disagreed with the board members.
He accused one of the Deputy CEOs who doubles as the Member of parliament for the Walewale Constituency, Hajia Lariba Abudu of using the resources and items of the authority for her political gains during the 2010 elections.
He however advised the current acting CEO to retrieve all monies illegally spend starting from John Dramani Mahama regime to date that was secured through dubious means.
He further appealed to President Akufo Addo to reconsider his decision, and recall the sacked CEO back to continue with the good work.
However, all attempts for the accused person’s to comment on the matter have proved futile.
Read the Association Statement below.
PRESS RELEASE BY COLIATION OF CONCERN YOUTH ASSOCIATIONS OF THE NORTH (CCYA) ON THE DISMISSAL OF DR. ALHASSAN SULEMANA ANAMZOYA AS THE CEO OF NOTHERN DEVELPOMENT AUTHORITY (NDA).
Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the media. We the coalition of concerned youth association of the north leaned with shock at the purported dismissal of Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya as the CEO of NDA. We the coalition of youth groups are very much aware of the happenings in NDA since the appointment of Dr. Anamzoya in December 2019. He is a hard-working person and has brought a lot of reforms in NDA and has also reached out to all stakeholders since his assumption of office.
- Election Petition2020 : Not Allowing Mahama To Re-open Case Wrong – Ayine
- Martin Amidu Resigns As Special Prosecutor
- Watch Video: Only Hardwork Can Help Us To Win Kintampo Seats For The First Time-PCs.
We are therefore surprised to hear of his dismissal this week. We are also reliably informed the outgone board and his deputies are the masterminds behind his dismissal due to his resistance to their unlawful demands. We, therefore, wish to bring the attention of Ghanaians to the following issues;
• The board intends to hold an illegal meeting in Tamale which is contrary to the directives of the president, what we know is that all boards have been dissolved so on what bases are they holding themselves as board members?
• We know they have held an illegal meeting in Accra, and they are here to hold another meeting just to allocate fat per diems and allowances to themselves. We the youth will continue to monitor their activities and resist any attempt to hold such an illegality.
• We also know the board chair Dr. Hakeem Waimah is engaged in so many deals including pushing NDA to sign a Three (3) million Ghana Cedis contract with his personal company – Tamale Implement Factory (TIF) and we will resist such attempt to steal the resources of the north for his benefit and that of his family.
• The board has failed the people of the north. The have supervised NDA for almost four (4) years now and they failed to bring any meaningful development to the north.
• They failed to recover the millions owed by AGambiri and the AGAMs companies and some of the board members were even compromised and they sabotaged the CEO in his effort to retrieve those stolen monies.
• All that they do is to peruse their personal interest. All the board members are engaged in grabbing the assets of NDA and they sold items like tricycles, motorbikes, containers, hydrophone machines and other assets to themselves at ridiculous prices denying the north the needed development.
• The board failed to reconcile the executive management and stop the infighting between the then CEO Dr. Majeed and his deputies. This and other reasons led to the sacking of Dr. Majeed. This behaviour of the board continued in the regime of Dr. Anamzoya.
• The board failed to control the deputy CEO’s allowing some of them to use the resources of NDA to campaign in their parliamentary primaries and ultimately the constituency elections.
• Some of the deputy CEOs are still owning NDA huge sums of money from the sale of tricycles and other assets which we will share in our next media engagements.
• The board never made a single policy throughout their four (4) years in office. NDA does not have a strategic plan aside the personal strategies of Dr. Anamzoya.
. The board members have succeeded in sacking Dr. Haroun and now Dr. Anamzoya because of their ill engagement since time in memorial, we believe they are playing smart on some group of section.
• They also failed woefully to audit the 2018 and 2019 accounts of NDA, and they did not see anything wrong with presiding over an organization that has two (2) years outstanding unaudited accounts.
• We know the so-called acting CEO Boniface Gambila has been part of the board all these years and failed to bring any meaningful changes to NDA, so what else or what new ideas is he bringing onboard apart from continuing with his create, loot, and share attitude.
• Boniface has been engaged in the business of selling tricycles, motorbikes, and empty containers for a long time and we know some of his business partners.
He has been engaged in so many deals at NDA and very soon we will expose him.
• Boniface and his partners have engaged in organising fake training for management and staff of NDAs and charging the institutions huge sums of money for that. How can a board member be involved in such a conflict of interest?
• We know what the CEO Dr. Alhassan Sulemena Anamzoya has done since he joined NDA in December, 2019.
• He successfully implemented the IPEP projects and supported women and youth groups in the north. He brought so many changes and reforms in NDA leading to rebranding of NDA and making the north more attractive to investors.
We are therefore appealing to the president His Excellency Nana Akufo – Addo to recall Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya back to continue his good works.
We also appeal to him to immediately call the illegal board to order and reconstitute a new board and management team to realise his vision for the development of the north and the creation of the development authorities.
JUSTICE FOR DR ANAMZOOYA IS JUSTICE FOR NDA AND JUSTICE FOR THE NORTH
ABDUL BASIT ADAM
The above is the Board Members of Northern Development Authority
(1) Board Chairman – Dr. Hakeem 0244327585
(2) Acting CEO Boniface Gambila 0540727282
(3) Deputy CEO Stephen
(4) Deputy CEO Hajia lariba
(5) Director Corporate Affairs Sam Danse
By Ibrahim Nurudeen