The National Lottery Authority(NLA) would like to urge the public, staking players, Lotto Marketing Companies, media, and stakeholders to totally and wholly ignore and discredit the news publication under the headline, “National Lottery Authority fails to pay big wins since April”.
For the purpose of clarity and setting the records straight:
1. It is NEVER TRUE that the National Lottery Authority has failed to pay big winning tickets since April last year. All outstanding prizes are being paid.
Investigations, Auditing, and due diligence are always conducted on all big winning tickets in order to prevent payment of fraudulent tickets due to the increasing activities of Lotto Fraudsters.
2. It is NEVER TRUE there is an issue of non-payment of wins at various Banks.
3. The *959# mobile game has COME TO STAY. In fact, the *959# mobile game forms part of the Government’s digitalization programme.
The *959# would continue to operate the original 5/90 Lotto via MTN, Vodafone, and AirtelTigo especially during this difficult period of Coronavirus pandemic.
The *959# has been doing very well, serving as an additional revenue stream for NLA and Government. The implementation of *959# has become very critical for the sustainability of the revenue generation of NLA.
4. There is no shortage of paper roll currently. Management has taken steps to address all the issues in relation to paper roll shortage.
- Minority Press Statement On The Spread Of Covid-19 Casaes Among Students By Kwabena Mintah Akandoh
- Kennedy Agyapong’s Campaign Against Fake Pastors
The management of the National Lottery Authority therefore would like to state that the issues raised by one Mr. Jacob Odame and his Lotto Marketers Association in the Northern Region are UNTRUE, and we urge everyone to completely disregard that publication.
Issued by: Public Relations Unit of National Lottery Authority