Idris Elba has tested positive for coronavirus, the actor said on Monday on Twitter.
“This morning I tested positive for Covid 19,” he wrote. “I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus.
“Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing No panic,” Elba, 47, added.
In an accompanying video, Elba says he was tested after he discovered he had been in contact with someone else who had also tested positive for COVID-19.
He also urged followers to think about social distancing and washing their hands, adding they should be vigilant to mitigate the spread of the virus.
“There are so many people whose lives have been affected, from those who have lost people they love, to people that don’t even have it and have lost their livelihoods,” he said.
“This is real.”
The actor’s announcement comes as Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed that 53 people had now passed away after testing positive for coronavirus,
Prime Minister Boris Johnson also announced new measures as part of his new daily press conferences, asking people to avoid pubs, bars and theatres to try and slow the spread of coronavirus.
He also issued new advice for whole families to self-isolate for 14 days should one person in the household suffer any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
Ghanaians will remember him for the movie 🎥 BEAST OF NO NATION